On January 29th, 2012 our congregation voted "yes" on whether to adopt the Open & Affirming Resolution (shown below). We are now officially the 994th church to be "Open & Affirming" within the UCC denomination!
The Church of the Red Rocks ONA Team started the Open & Affirming (ONA) Process in October 2010 and is to be congratulated on their excellent and thorough 15-month process that educated, informed and entertained both the congregation and members of the public.
The Church of the Red Rocks ONA Team Roster:
Susan Hughes, Chair
- In October 2013, our church was on the PBS show "To The Contrary" in a segment that examined "The UCC Welcoming Movement." Click here to watch the video of this show!
- We're now part of the UCC Coalition for LGBT Concerns; Click here to learn more about the various programs, events & resources available on their dedicated website, as well as access to their national "Find A Church" resource page.
- During the ONA process, on most 4th Fridays of the month, the ONA Team presented an informative, usually award-winning and entertaining film at the church; a highlight of the "4th Friday at 4" series was the first film presented, "For The Bible Tells Me So."Click here for film trailers, more information and to order a DVD.
- A listing of this past year's ONA programs and events is available by clicking here; this information was also covered in the ONA Mailer that went out to all congregation members.
- Click here for "The Blue Book - What We Wish We Had Known," a book about breaking the silence and moving toward understanding.